Hello from future 40kw leaf owner

Just a place for new members of EVAS to say hello.......
Grahame Case

Hello from future 40kw leaf owner

Postby Grahame Case » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:53 pm

Hi there, im from west lothian and i’ve a 40Kw leaf with my name on it and a holding deposit. Just awaiting EST sorting out my loan.

Hoping i can spread the EV love to more people !

Chunkybuns

Re: Hello from future 40kw leaf owner

Postby Chunkybuns » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:39 am

Hiya Grahame

Welcome to the forum. Hope you find it interesting and enjoy the convo.

Hopefully we can help guide you through the pitfalls all new EV owners experience.

There is a huge amount of experience on here with all the scars of ownership.

Look forward to seeing your posts.

All the best :D

eoosterhoorn

Postby eoosterhoorn » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:14 pm

welcome to the EV world. Any questions, how daft they seem, fire them to this forum. There is a great amount of knowledge here.
Nissan Leaf (since 03-2013) owner

Buzby

Postby Buzby » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:27 pm

Hi Graeme - is this your first EV? What are/did drive before? Have you a driveway for your own Chargepoint or will you just use public ones?
- Raymond (Glasgow)
EVA Communications

AlastairC

Postby AlastairC » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:44 pm

You’re going to love it. Not sure ‘scars’ is the right term as posted by another owner. I had a 24kw and now a new 40kw. The 24 had range problems and you had to be careful but the 40 is a whole different beast. You still need to plan recharging but the network is much bigger than any of the apps suggest and the range of the car is now practical. By the way the on board charge point map is the most up to date I have found but be careful not all points are free, so far the ones that say ‘subscription required’ have all been the Charge Place Scotland network points, anything else is worth checking but may not be free to use or charge.

I assume that you have been told about the RFID access card, costs 20quid a year from Charge Place Scotland and you need one to access the public charge points.

As another member has implied, there are no daft questions only those we have all already asked at some time. Enjoy.

Alastair

Grahame Case

Postby Grahame Case » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:58 pm

Buzby wrote:Hi Graeme - is this your first EV? What are/did drive before? Have you a driveway for your own Chargepoint or will you just use public ones?

First EV, wanted one for a little while though - the other car in my life is a 2012 Renault Clio that drinks the dinosaur juice, highest mpg i’ve had in it is 41mpg and i’m fed up spending £60 a week on petrol, the wife will be getting that from me for running around in on very occasional journeys, until it dies or we can replace it with an EV.

I’ve contacted a company to quote for charge point install on my driveway, along with applying for EST grant but will make use of a charger about 2 minute walk from work for the first little while if not sorted in time, ( or granny charge from the garage)

Grahame Case

Postby Grahame Case » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:01 pm

AlastairC wrote:
I assume that you have been told about the RFID access card, costs 20quid a year from Charge Place Scotland and you need one to access the public charge points.
Alastair

Already sorted for it - although the chargeplace scotland scheme is looking at going not free early next year isnt it?

image.jpg
Got it

Buzby

Postby Buzby » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:00 am

There’s been no hint at a date -it is surely coming but I’ve been getting it free for the last 8 years. Setting a tariff will have a benefit - at a stroke it will kill PHEVs grazing, as it will be cheaper for them to charge from their ICE and make space for BEVs who really need it. Swings and roundabouts!
- Raymond (Glasgow)
EVA Communications

noahs-dad

Postby noahs-dad » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:18 pm

Looking at what happened down in England with fee charging and connection fees at different times, it will not be as simple as having fee charging as standard in Scotland. Some Council's will choose not to participate in CPS fee charging. Some will pro-actively choose that option, and some will do so out of no other reason other than their general inefficiency and lack of interest and no real strategy or proper focus on electric driving provision. Other councils won't need any encouragement and will opportunistically jump on the invitation like an Outlander driver passing by a rapid.

I will be very surprised if Dundee join in any fee charging that is possibly implemented soon.

Return to “New Members”