Pointless Chargers at ARI in Aberdeen!

Discussion of the location and operation of public EV charging infrastructure in Scotland
Buzby

Re: Pointless Chargers at ARI in Aberdeen!

Postby Buzby » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:23 pm

So part ftom misrepresenting their coverage (until you zoom in only to find it is a fantasy) they have no other valid sites in Scotland, they should be told where to go (and the horse they rode in on). It seems more puff than substance!
- Raymond (Glasgow)
EVA Communications

geo-jamie

Postby geo-jamie » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:58 pm

Well I finally used the chargers at ARI in Aberdeen. When I arrived 3 of the bays were iced, despite them being clearly painted green, one by an Outlander just parked. Interestingly, there is a huge row of disabled spaces -which no one parked in ! It must be less of a crime to park in a charger space !! and it would of been possible to park in some these disabled spaces and still reach the chargers.

These are very unusual posts.

The first post I tried did not work. Green error light showed on charger which means " your battery is full" Second post I tried - same again. Error light on post which means - your battery is already full.

Not being one to give up easily, moved my car to another post, and it worked perfectly.

When I returned over an hour and a bit later, I wondered how much charge I had got. But there is no displays on these chargers. These chargers are very unusual in that they have an LED light that changes colour with a legend beside explaining what each colour means.

When I got home I logged on to their web page , and found out I had got 5 kWh for the cost of 1.50 Euros. So will now still have to wait to see the cost in UK £

Not ideal by any means. But it was possible to charge a car in the car park. Seems a crazy idea to give the contract for these types of posts that don't tell you , at the time, how much charge you get, and that they will be billing you in euros !!!

On the other hand, the new multi-storey carpark is such an improvement for visitors going to the hospital - if only they had installed the same type of chargers as the rest in the hospital complex.

Jon Oates

Postby Jon Oates » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:59 am

How did you activate them?

geo-jamie

Postby geo-jamie » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:15 am

Jon Oates wrote:How did you activate them?

I had an rfid card from ECOTAP a while ago, but had never used it till yesterday. I just tried it out as an experiment. I doubt if I will ever use these chargers again.

Buzby

Postby Buzby » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:51 pm

I believe they are currently illegal - an accurate cost-to-charge must be provided at the point of sale. Offering the cost after the event in Euros is just taking the Michael....
- Raymond (Glasgow)
EVA Communications

geo-jamie

Postby geo-jamie » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:38 pm

Have now been emailed my invoice from Ecotap. In total 1.50 Euro - which I was expecting. What I don't know is how much this will actually cost me in UK £ and if there will be transactions fee as well.

The waiting continues !

Return to “Public charging infra-structure”