Quite good, actually

Discussion of the location and operation of public EV charging infrastructure in Scotland
Scally

Quite good, actually

Postby Scally » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:26 am

A wee 160 mile round trip to Dumfries on Saturday to join the pro-indy demo, lovely weather, and the usual dilemma on unknown territory: go for broke or hedge your bets?
I opted to try two new (to me) rapids, at Moffat and Dumfries, and both came up trumps.
The only downside was that the slow (destination) charger at Dumfries was not functioning, but the two rapids were perfect, and I was happy to pass my EVAS promotional pack to a new Ioniq EV driver at Moffat who arrived just as I reached 92%
Coming home I managed 80-odd miles with no stops at all, and still got home with 13% in the battery.
When EVs work, they work very well.
General Secretary of the Electric Boat Association, founded in 1984, with members worldwide.
http://www.eboat.org.uk/

noahs-dad

Re: Quite good, actually

Postby noahs-dad » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:35 am

And petrol prices of course went up 6p/L last month. The fuel savings only seem to increase over time. Of course summer time it is always easier with BEV driving. Good turn out at Dumfries too, it seems there is going to be a few more organised demo's happening around the country. Lets hope we get a pathway to a Norway style electric driving infrastructure soon.

Return to “Public charging infra-structure”