New Leaf 250 miles range

Discussion of the technical aspects of electric vehicles
noahs-dad

New Leaf 250 miles range

Postby noahs-dad » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:41 pm

So, first visit to the Luxury car village place at Newbridge today for a MOT and service of the Leaf. During chat with the person I dealt with who was a Leaf driver themself, they said the new Leaf is testing at a 250 mile range. I asked them where they heard that, and they said this is from Nissan. They did agree, 250 miles is more like 200 in "real world range", but that sounds like a 50ish kW battery Leaf as minimum? If Nissan staff are saying these things, and saying the info is direct from Nissan, is there any reason to doubt this?

Buzby

Re: New Leaf 250 miles range

Postby Buzby » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:35 pm

Yes. They probably have a 75Kw battery on test too - what we end up with is a distillation and compromise. Once the specification is published, we'll know. The current Leaf is now a pretty dated vehicle and in serious need of something more than a refresh. Time will tell!
- Raymond (Glasgow)
EVAS Communications

Scally

Re: New Leaf 250 miles range

Postby Scally » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:41 pm

Nissan will be wise to move to 60 kWh, else they will be left behind.
My 30 kWh Leaf can get 110 miles if I am careful, but 100 miles is realistic.
For a claim of a real life 250 miles, I'd be looking at a 80 kWh battery, and they are not gonna do that.
Hyundai Ioniq EV seem to have cracked some of this, they seem to be getting much better distance per kWh, but I'm not sure how, exactly.

Return to “Electric Vehicles - Technical”