Renault Zoe Recall

Discussion of the technical aspects of electric vehicles
Gordon

Renault Zoe Recall

Postby Gordon » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:36 am

I took my Zoe in for a service this morning and was told that it would have to be rescheduled as there was a red recall in place which would necessitate the dealer having the car for 3 days. From what the dealer has told me the issue is regarding the parking brake failing to hold the car if the handbrake is not also engaged. Having checked the DVSA website it looks like this recall started just over a year ago!

According to the DVSA it applies to cars built between 01/07/2017 and 31/01/2016. Just a heads-up for anyone else who might be affected and who Renault has not been in touch with.

Buzby

Re: Renault Zoe Recall

Postby Buzby » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:26 am

Thanks Gordon -nioat useful. My pal was unaware!
- Raymond (Glasgow)
EVA Communications

Pikachu

Postby Pikachu » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:06 am

While one might think something affecting the parking brake might benefit from being attended to sooner rather than later, it isn't always the case...
I previously had a Hyundai (an ix35 - not an EV!) and was advised that many manufacturers don't always contact owners as part of a recall - they just do whatever needs done at the next service. Also, Hyundai called their Recalls "Campaign Work"!

noahs-dad

Postby noahs-dad » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:26 pm

My 2014 Leaf is like this. Just pressing the "P" button to engage the Parking Handbrake is not enough to hold the car, and must also apply the foot handbrake. I was given the impression on another forum a long time ago that this was normal.

eoosterhoorn

Postby eoosterhoorn » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:27 pm

We never use the hand brake on our Leaf, only on hills where I am not sure that the parking brake will hold.
Nissan Leaf (since 03-2013) owner

Return to “Electric Vehicles - Technical”