I Key System Fault

Discussion of the technical aspects of electric vehicles
scottyd

I Key System Fault

Postby scottyd » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:04 pm

Hi all out and about today when my Leaf would not switch off message came up with I system fault on key managed to drive home tried spare key still
would not switch of car phoned nearest Nissan garage in East Kilbride who told me they were to busy and to phone Nissan assist they were
very good told me a recovery vehicle would be out within the next 3 hours a hour later they were here to pick car up i phone back Parks of
east kilbride to book car in and told them car is still running they told me that i may be charged an hours labour of £90 +vat and i would need
to claim back from Nissan oh by the way Nissan assist told me Empire car hire would phone me to arrange my courtesy car they phoned within
an hour and i picked car up anyway back to my car and Parks garage phoned me and told me because car would not turn off they have it in workshop
but technician cold not find fault yet and to bring in spare key tomorrow as keys might need programmed the car will be 3 years old in March so
lucky me still in warranty this my second leaf and the first time i have had any problems i must say good service from Nissan assist

Scally

Re: I Key System Fault

Postby Scally » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:19 pm

12v battery problem, maybe? That seems to be the usual problem with electrics in cold weather.
General Secretary of the Electric Boat Association, founded in 1984, with members worldwide.
http://www.eboat.org.uk/

scottyd

Postby scottyd » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:45 pm

Scally
thanks for only reply garage phoned me today and told me they had found fault as water ingress and were waiting on someone
coming out to refit reseal windscreen due to the amount of condensation is created in the leaf windscreen i found this rather strange

Scally

Postby Scally » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:56 am

How very odd!
General Secretary of the Electric Boat Association, founded in 1984, with members worldwide.
http://www.eboat.org.uk/

noahs-dad

Postby noahs-dad » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:06 pm

maybe not so odd? there is a whole bunch of leaf's out there including my own, that have an inside condensation of the windows, particularly the windscreen. if you have a google or look on other forums you may find some info on it. there are many theories that there was a faulty batch of 2nd gen Leaf's impacted.

Adrian

Postby Adrian » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:43 pm

I believe if you press the 'Start' button three times in quick succession this shuts the car down. It is intended for emergency isolation of the battery etc so might be irreversible!

scottyd

Postby scottyd » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:27 pm

Parks garage phoned me yesterday and told me my car was ready windscreen had been resealed handed my courtesy back to rental firm
at garage i was shown to my car travelled 20 yards and warning lights came on back in to reception and was told i would have to leave
car for further checks i was given a courtesy car and sent on my way not heard anything back today

Neil-K

Postby Neil-K » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:51 am

Is this posting in the right bit of the site? Might be more about car faults than public charging?

membership

Postby membership » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:50 pm

Noted!
EVA Scotland Membership
membership@eva.scot

Return to “Electric Vehicles - Technical”