E-COSSE forum

Discussion of the 'Switched on Scotland' and 'e-cosse' program in Scotland
AlisterH

E-COSSE forum

Postby AlisterH » Fri May 05, 2017 8:30 pm

Attended a very busy E-COSSE forum at Greenfleet today.

Highlights were the presentation by our George Paterson from Dukosi about their wireless battery cell management technology, with an application specific intergrated circuit in design ready for next year and potentially in EVs by the end of the decade. George was ably supported not only by his good lady wife, but also by his father and quite a few Dukosi staff.

Zak Tuck gave his last presentation in his current role before moving on to things new. Zak has been very influential in getting us to where we are at present in his role as ‎Head of Low Carbon Vehicle Policy for Transport Scotland. I would like to record our appreciation and thanks for Zak's hard work on behalf of EVAS.

There was a very interesting presentation by a very cool dude from Uber about scaling EVs into their platform and an equally interesting presentation by an equally cool dude from Connected Energy on second-life battery storage and smart charging.

All in all, a very fascinating afternoon topped off for me by my first ever ride on an electric bike. Certainly more affordable than the Teslas on show - and almost as electrifying!

But tomorrow, the main event for EVAS: EVOLUTION.

If you are free to attend please do so and bring your family and friends - and feel free to help out on our stand to talk to potential EV converts.

Not to be outdone by George, my big brother and wee sister will be there tomorrow too!

Alister.

Neil-K

Re: E-COSSE forum

Postby Neil-K » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:13 am

I see the E-Cosse site is as up to date as ever in it is advertising the May event (now nearly 3 months ago). Does anybody have any insight into when the next event is going to be?

I'm curious to see if it is any practical value or just a talking shop as I have heard.

It would also be curious to know if Transport Scotland is paying Urban Foresight for the 'service' of running E-Cosse. Does anybody know?

Neil-K

Re: E-COSSE forum

Postby Neil-K » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:47 am

I have been asked to speak about what Orkney is doing on EVs at the next Forum meeting. It is on the 11th of May 2018 in Inverness I believe.

Return to “'Switched on Scotland'”