Energy Saving Trust Grants

Discussion of the 'Switched on Scotland' and 'e-cosse' program in Scotland
Chunkybuns

Energy Saving Trust Grants

Postby Chunkybuns » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:24 pm

Has anyone else had issues organising and receiving the Energy saving trust Grant?

I have had nothing but problems since applying for funding.

After assurances from them it was straightforward and would be paid on time, it has been painful and is now overdue.

Scally

Re: Energy Saving Trust Grants

Postby Scally » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:19 am

Any clues or tips ?
General Secretary of the Electric Boat Association, founded in 1984, with members worldwide.
http://www.eboat.org.uk/

Chunkybuns

Postby Chunkybuns » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:04 pm

1. You will need to get an invoice from your dealer to send to them for your car. If you are using click to buy, they wont give you one, so you have to rely on the delivery dealer helping you. Your order and deposit isn't enough.
2. Once you have your invoice sent to them, they then have to contact the dealer to verify it is genuine. (which begs the question, why ask for it if you are contacting the dealer anyway)
3. They told me when I had contacted them previously that the payment would take three days( but omitted to tell me about the palaver with the invoice and verification). I contacted them four days before hand and found this out, and then chivvied the dealer to send direct to them via email, which he did immediately that morning. Then when I contacted them the following the delivery in the afternoon, (despite telling them of the tight timescale) they still hadn't verified it. Eventually chased them and got it verified.
4. Made it clear there were three days till my delivery and then was told they only do payments twice a week and since this was Wednesday, the likelihood of my payment being paid on the Thursday run was slim, it would be Tuesday.
5. Contacted them on Tuesday pm to check payment was made, to be told it hadn't and they were still awaiting verification from dealer on the invoice so it wasn't on the payment spreadsheet. Remaining calm inside despite feeling like exploding, I calmly told the lady that this had already been done and payment was supposed to be today. She went and checked and advised it was an error on her part. Verification HAD been done and the payment would go through on Wednesday and should be available in my account in 3-5 days.
6. Called yesterday PM and have been advised payment was done. Just got to wait and see. meantime my credit card looks like I have a cocaine addiction.

Scally

Postby Scally » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:37 am

Firking heck!
I'm very grateful for the advice.
The timescales seem ridiculous.
General Secretary of the Electric Boat Association, founded in 1984, with members worldwide.

Chunkybuns

Postby Chunkybuns » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:59 am

Wait for it..... I got a letter today telling me I have to send them a copy of my receipt for the payment mde for my car.

Given I didn't receive one from the dealer (and he's advising since I paid through click to buy he can't provide one) I'm not sure how I go about satisfying that requirement.

membership

Postby membership » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:44 pm

Chunkybuns,
If you paid by web you should still have received a receipt, which should include details of the car. If EST say it needs to specify the VIN (phone and ask, then confirm the phone call back to the EST by email, noting who told you what), you may need to contact Hyundai Customer Service and demand the full paperwork for the final sale of the vehicle.
EVA Scotland Membership
membership@eva.scot

Scally

Postby Scally » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:36 am

Hmm, we have these delights to come in March... and yes, its a click to buy Kona. I'm not sure our credit cards will run to £30K !
Might be worth applying for a bank load as Plan B: but I gather EST wont lend money if the car is already owned.

Chunkybuns

Postby Chunkybuns » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:44 am

It gets better. They want a screenshot of the money being paid into my account and being paid out to the dealer.

Chunkybuns

Postby Chunkybuns » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:54 am

They were advised two weeks before the car arrived that it was arriving and still hadn't paid the money into my account. As you know, Click to buy want paid three days before delivery, so I was stuck. I contacted Bank of Scotland who advised paying my savings into my credit card in advance to give me a negative balance then using the available credit to pay CTB. I've done this and thankfully the money has been paid in now, so I've cleared my card with it. The system seems completely unworkable using click to buy as they cannot produce the necessary invoice, only a dealer can do that. They also can't raise a receipt, so I'm not sure how to provide that, other than the final statement which shows your payment history.
I don't understand why they don't just ask you to advise which car you are buying and arrange for the payment to be made directly to the dealer or CTB. That way there isn't a risk that some dodger runs off with the money without buying the car.

Return to “'Switched on Scotland'”