Any bargains out there for a used Twizy or C-Zero?

EV Association Scotland members can post wanted and for sale electric vehicles and accessories. The EV Association Scotland is not acting as agent and accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of these posts or the condition or legal status of any of the items listed here. DO NOT put your contact details here other than your username in the Forum. Posts with phone numbers, addresses, e-mail addresses will be removed by the moderators. You can put links to official sales sites such a Ebay or Autotrader. Posting will be removed 2 months after submission date. See also http://www.evfinder.com/classif_ebay.htm
noahs-dad

Any bargains out there for a used Twizy or C-Zero?

Postby noahs-dad » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:55 pm

I am looking at cheapo used budget cars right now. Does anyone know of anything available, or happened to have spotted anything recently? I could travel to North England or as far as lower Highlands to collect, if there is something good out there.

I will do about 45 miles a day for purposes of a commute, approx. 10,000ish miles a year. My budget is £3000 - £5000 to buy outright.

I'd consider a Renault Twizy for £3000 as long as it had doors with windows. Is probably not the most practical choice but have always craved for a Twizy, can at least now T2 charge it every day at a P&R (with an adaptor). Wouldn't pay more than about £3000 though as have to factor in a couple of years of the Renault battery shenanigans.

A Citroen C-Zero I know little about to be honest, is a fairly rare car to see too. It can at least rapid charge, more space, and a bit more range than a Twizy. Seems to have a decent reputation, any tips for any C-Zero's in my budget?

Not so keen on a 1st Gen Leaf, as I don't like the battery degradation and that so many of them seem to have spent a lot of time idle over the years. Not keen on a 2014 or 2015 Zoe either as that is £6000+ and battery nonsense. I think a Twizy would be easier to sell on in future that an ever increasingly outdated and less appealing old Leaf or Zoe.

I am probably keenest on a Citroen C-Zero if there is something that out there that meets my budget.

Any other suggestions/tips/bargain spots on used cars welcome!

Return to “EVs Wanted / EVs for Sale”