Any bargains out there for a used Twizy or C-Zero?

EV Association Scotland members can post wanted and for sale electric vehicles and accessories. The EV Association Scotland is not acting as agent and accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of these posts or the condition or legal status of any of the items listed here. DO NOT put your contact details here other than your username in the Forum. Posts with phone numbers, addresses, e-mail addresses will be removed by the moderators. You can put links to official sales sites such a Ebay or Autotrader. Posting will be removed 2 months after submission date. See also http://www.evfinder.com/classif_ebay.htm
noahs-dad

Any bargains out there for a used Twizy or C-Zero?

Postby noahs-dad » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:55 pm

I am looking at cheapo used budget cars right now. Does anyone know of anything available, or happened to have spotted anything recently? I could travel to North England or as far as lower Highlands to collect, if there is something good out there.

I will do about 45 miles a day for purposes of a commute, approx. 10,000ish miles a year. My budget is £3000 - £5000 to buy outright.

I'd consider a Renault Twizy for £3000 as long as it had doors with windows. Is probably not the most practical choice but have always craved for a Twizy, can at least now T2 charge it every day at a P&R (with an adaptor). Wouldn't pay more than about £3000 though as have to factor in a couple of years of the Renault battery shenanigans.

A Citroen C-Zero I know little about to be honest, is a fairly rare car to see too. It can at least rapid charge, more space, and a bit more range than a Twizy. Seems to have a decent reputation, any tips for any C-Zero's in my budget?

Not so keen on a 1st Gen Leaf, as I don't like the battery degradation and that so many of them seem to have spent a lot of time idle over the years. Not keen on a 2014 or 2015 Zoe either as that is £6000+ and battery nonsense. I think a Twizy would be easier to sell on in future that an ever increasingly outdated and less appealing old Leaf or Zoe.

I am probably keenest on a Citroen C-Zero if there is something that out there that meets my budget.

Any other suggestions/tips/bargain spots on used cars welcome!

Stiloboy

Re: Any bargains out there for a used Twizy or C-Zero?

Postby Stiloboy » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:42 pm

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ars&page=1

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... 500&page=1

FYI - I hear Renault just called.... they don't want you in one of their cars. ;)
Renault Zoe Q210 Dynamique Intens owner since March 2015.

noahs-dad

Postby noahs-dad » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:26 am

Thank you, have been monitoring autotrader. Ruled that Twizy out as a 800 mile round trip to look at a private sale is too much. Then there is getting it home, transport of it will not be cheap.

I would have had no hesitation in making a decent offer for that £4250 Zoe if not for the rental nonsense. When factoring in the new stuff coming in, old Zoe's and Leaf's are going to be harder to sell on soon, and the values will plummet. Zoe's have the additional issue of rental, while old 1st/2nd gen Leaf's will have the issue of being several models removed from the more modern stuff. Hence me staying away from Leaf's/Zoe's and looking at the rarer and weirder stuff that will hold more value and be more sellable in a years time.

I have been considering this Twizy http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... 5fa&page=1

The dealer said their best price is £4500 which includes free delivery (which would normally cost £250ish). Considering trying to negotiate to closer to £4000, can also visit it seeing is just in Blackburn. I could stomach the rental nonsense on a Twizy for a year I think.

Stiloboy

Postby Stiloboy » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:03 pm

Battery rental is only an issue for you.... for the 10's of thousands of owners its proven to be no issue. You can't have it all ways, you can have cheap with a battery rental or you can buy a Leaf etc.

noahs-dad

Postby noahs-dad » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:52 pm

Stiloboy wrote:Battery rental is only an issue for you....

I'd really rather not argue with you about this, but if that were true there would be a lot more Zoe's on the road, and less Leaf's. I could not disagree with you more, some people as you well know, call it the "Renault Tax". I can see why. Lithium batteries are pretty good these days. Any sensible elec. car maker would keep it simple and give you the option to buy the car with the battery, with a good battery warranty, because they know fine well it is statistically sound... well indeed most actually do!

Stiloboy

Postby Stiloboy » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:40 pm

noahs-dad wrote:
Stiloboy wrote:Battery rental is only an issue for you....

a lot more Zoe's on the road, and less Leaf's

Well how do I put this..... Zoe best selling EV in Europe the last 2 years! I guess its you thats still not getting it....

noahs-dad

Postby noahs-dad » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:41 pm

I do believe you have pulled this sales stuff out once or twice before now be it here or other forums. Why? One Directions albums outsell everyone else's and I don't have any of them either. Sales don't even make a car good. You could have 2 billion old Zoe sales, and it is still a slow charger! I don't travel in my car around Europe so what goes on there is really of not much significance to me and most of the UK drivers. Of course there are other European countries where Renault do not force battery rental on people (battery hire I believe was the point you were trying to debate!), and that must of course help sales in those territories. I am pretty sure I have replied with the following and exactly same words before to you... I live in the UK, I am talking about UK roads that I use and what goes on in the UK if we are ever discussing the number of Zoe's or any other car. That there are apparently 27 Zoe's queuing up at any European rapid at a time is not going to impact me. Why are we talking about Renault European sales again?

Any-hoo, diehard Zoe enthusiasts to one side for the moment, getting back on topic...

I found a great buy on a Twizy in the last couple of days and that was still factoring in a 400 mile delivery charge. I was seriously tempted. There were only 2 negatives really to purchasing it, (1) there is a lack of T2 public charging options in my local area. Not so bad heading towards Edinburgh direction, but many bits on my side of the Borders/Berwickshire are abysmal and it would have limited where I could have gone and visiting many areas would have either been risky or impossible to get back home. (2) The Renault Tax.

Shame about those T2 network issues and the Renault Tax as Renault have produced a great car there. I have instead purchased another brand of car this morning which has no additional Renault Taxation and I already feel like I am saving money.

Buzby

Postby Buzby » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:00 pm

You're inventing a problem. The Twizy does not use T2... it is 13a plug only. More options than you might think!
- Raymond (Glasgow)
EVAS Communications

noahs-dad

Postby noahs-dad » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:42 pm

Most Twizy drivers are public charging on T2's. There are 2-3 choices for an adaptor you can use that cost from approx. £100 options and upwards from the likes of Symphony. Of course you can only T2 charge at low 3 pin plug rates. I guess this option was not available in your Twizy driving days?

There is even an adaptor for using your home charger with your Twizy now too.

Any-hoo I am potentially back in the market for a Twizy, even though it is not a perfect car for me for reasons already mentioned. I am desperately struggling to find decent or any options for iMIEV/iOn/C-Zero.

I put a deposit down a couple of days ago on an old iMIEV that one of these English green-eco car sourcing companies were selling. They had just got it in and I pounced and got a good price on it. I was to go down to Nottingham tomorrow to collect it on the proviso that the seller tested the DC rapid charging, and did an extended drive in it to confirm it had the range was good. It had half range however, and seems to have battery issues, probably iffy cells.

Buzby

Postby Buzby » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:51 pm

No - I created my own connector which by CYCs T&C's was technically illegal but the issue was mainly security- the car has a 13a coiled plug inter tension - and any passing wastrel can unplug it. Only Braehead and St Enoch SC's had suitable posts not forgetting a few Asda ChargeMaster sites. T2 sites were too risky, I carried an extension lead and the bulk of my recharging was from 13a sockets. The other issue, is tying up a 7Kw post for only 3.5Kw tops.
- Raymond (Glasgow)
EVAS Communications

Return to “EVs Wanted / EVs for Sale”