Kona 64kWh

EV Association Scotland members can post wanted and for sale electric vehicles and accessories. The EV Association Scotland is not acting as agent and accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of these posts or the condition or legal status of any of the items listed here. DO NOT put your contact details here other than your username in the Forum. Posts with phone numbers, addresses, e-mail addresses will be removed by the moderators. You can put links to official sales sites such a Ebay or Autotrader. Posting will be removed 2 months after submission date. See also http://www.evfinder.com/classif_ebay.htm
Scally

Re: Kona 64kWh

Postby Scally » Thu May 09, 2019 11:21 am

What do I need to check for at pick-up? Two charging cables, obviously. Software upgrades?
General Secretary of the Electric Boat Association, founded in 1984, with members worldwide.
http://www.eboat.org.uk/

Chunkybuns

Postby Chunkybuns » Thu May 09, 2019 11:44 am

You can.....I didn't.... But you can :lol:

Chunkybuns

Postby Chunkybuns » Mon May 27, 2019 2:59 pm

Been awful quiet Scally. Is that a good thing?? Did you get the car yet?

Scally

Postby Scally » Mon May 27, 2019 10:16 pm

Finally picked up the (ceramic blue) Kona 64 SE today from Hyundai Stirling: long story, but the EST computer lost the application for a loan on 2nd April, and took 8 more weeks to finally process it, with the result that the car stood there for over three weeeks awaiting the finance.. Anyway, she's a lovely car, and will find a good home here to replace my wife's aging 2010 Nissan Note. Yes, six years after buying Nissan Leaf #1 in 2013, we are finally an all-electric family!

My wife was too nervous to drive her home from Stirling, so I manfully stood up to the crease :lol:

First impressions very favourable: l like the high seat position and HUD, instrumentation looks good, plenty of features to explore, fun to drive, great acceleration.

Steering wheel a bit plasticky for my taste, but thats really just a quibble - oh, and the wrong kind of Kona driver side floor mat was provided... for some bizarre reason - it doesnt fit the hooks.

It has been a bit of an epic two year search: it was obvious we needed to replace the rattly 2010 Nissan Note after 100,000 miles, but ...,Which Car?
We tried many of them: the Nissan Leaf 40, Jaguar i-Pace, BMW i3, even the rather lovely Kia Soul, Tesla, but none of them really sang to us
The Kona finally just hit our sweet spot: affordable, great performance, huge range, great looks, and building on the superbly efficient engineering of the Ioniq, (a car I greatly admire but just don't fancy, stylewise) ;-) I'm so glad we put down the deposit in September, and proud to be one in a Thousand!
General Secretary of the Electric Boat Association, founded in 1984, with members worldwide.

Chunkybuns

Postby Chunkybuns » Tue May 28, 2019 2:35 pm

That's great to hear. I have to say, my experience with the Kona has been fantastic.

I enjoyed driving my Leaf, but having 250-300 miles of range and all the toys makes for a far more enjoyable experience.

I didn't even realise I had range anxiety until I didn't have it anymore.

Even driving from Aberdeen to Great Yarmouth in the depths of winter wasn't a major headache. Something I wouldn't have tackled in the Leaf even in the height of summer.

Look forward to hearing about your experience going forward. :D

Scally

Postby Scally » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:52 pm

Off next weekend to Cheltenham, with a side trip to Heathrow: that should test the range and functions quite well, I think. Nearly 1,000 miles in 4 days. Looking foorward to it, but a bit nervous of the Ecotricity ones, will try some other rapids.

Chunkybuns

Postby Chunkybuns » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:29 am

Google the Lidl chargers on your route. They are pod point and free.

That's all I used once I left Scotland. Knaresborough and Norwich were particularly good.

Scally

Postby Scally » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:24 am

I just used Ecotricity (and the granny charger) : got good results at both Kinnington Lake and Stafford.
Blown away: to do a 360 mile trip in one stop coming home is a revelation. And at a steady 70 mph on autopilot too!

Scally

Postby Scally » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:16 pm

2500 miles since 27th May: and the Kona is still like driving a dream: I've a few minor quibbles, but mainly because there is so much new tech like paddles and autopilot stuff to get your head around and the acceleration is eye-poppingly startling: but yes, I have had five adults in there, and yes, the car really does deliver a true 265 miles range. Still love our Leaf, but Kona is King.

Chunkybuns

Postby Chunkybuns » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:40 am

I agree. When I put my order in the quoted range was 300 miles and based on my Leaf experience I figured if it did 80% of that I would be happy. Then they reduced the quoted range to 279 which disappointed me but still effectively meant 220 miles based on my driving style. Well bugger me, in winter I was getting 250 and now its warm I'm getting 270-280. I really am loving driving the car. Like you, I have a few niggles around certain design aspects, but overall I am very satisfied and actually wish I had bought two.

Return to “EVs Wanted / EVs for Sale”