Going Abroad

Discussion of long distance EV trips originating, finishing in or passing through Scotland
Adrian

Going Abroad

Postby Adrian » Mon May 28, 2018 1:17 pm

Trip planned to England in the Leaf. Down the M6 to Cheshire. What is the deal with paying for charging. I know that Ecotricity charge £0.30p/kWh and I am OK with that. But is there anywhere off the motorway with free 50kW charging? If so what RFID cards are needed these days?

mgill

Re: Going Abroad

Postby mgill » Mon May 28, 2018 1:57 pm

Abroad! ;-)

There aren’t many rapid chargers off the M6. I’d just stick with EH. You’ll need the app.

noahs-dad

Postby noahs-dad » Mon May 28, 2018 3:46 pm

A Polar Card is always handy for deeper England (free 3 month trial if you sign up online, they are quick and you get it in 2 days usually). PodPoint app too, you are bound to be passing a Lidl store with a Rapid at some point. And worth maybe talking a note of a few Instavolt Rapids, free for next few days, but £0.35 from 1st June.

When I was down there a couple of weeks ago the Ecotricity services chargers I begrudgingly used were free. Seems to be a normal occurrence at moment as their network is an utter mess.

Adrian

Postby Adrian » Mon May 28, 2018 5:10 pm

Thanks all. I think for the sake of a couple of charges I will just use EH at the motorway services. App downloaded and installed.

Return to “Long distance EV trips”