Meter Reporting

Discussion of charging at home and at work.
Buzby

Meter Reporting

Postby Buzby » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:33 am

Well, my 5 years with an Energy Savings Trust funded EV Chargepoint are now up, and I can now shut down the GSM modem that reports my usage to EST. I gather new installs don't have this as a requirement now, and to be honest - I've had no interaction from anyone about my usage or the data provided. I realised I could register with `Meter Online' (and pay) to access my consumption record, but as EST were (presumably) already doing this, I didn't think it sensible to pay a firm twice for the same data.

I wonder how much I'll get for the modem on eBay?!
- Raymond (Glasgow)
EVAS Communications

noahs-dad

Re: Meter Reporting

Postby noahs-dad » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:04 pm

I don't think any information on the telematics data from Scotland's home chargers has even been put into the public domain has it? How does it even work in Scotland, is it grouped with the EST England, or is it our own EST (HES) that oversees it?

I have never heard a jot about my data either, not that I am too interested. Like most, I have a meter and can see exactly what I have used and also how much it has cost me with a simple calculation.

You would think there would have been some stats shared by now, like just how many % of people rarely use their home chargers? I.e. less than once a week, or even less than 10 times a year. In Scotland that figure must be quite an interesting one with our free public charging.

Buzby

Postby Buzby » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:08 am

We can ask TS at the AGM. As for the data, considering how many stories of installs in driveways of folk who didn't have ANY EV, if true, then this information isn't going to be made public any time soon!
- Raymond (Glasgow)
EVAS Communications

Scally

Postby Scally » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:33 am

Very good questions: lets ask them.
I have no idea how they use my data, but I must have access to it, according to the law.

Buzby

Postby Buzby » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:46 am

Scally wrote:Very good questions: lets ask them.
I have no idea how they use my data, but I must have access to it, according to the law.

You do - just sign up for MeterOnline, and all is revealed!
- Raymond (Glasgow)
EVAS Communications

Matt Beard

Postby Matt Beard » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:19 pm

Buzby wrote:

Only one problem:
meteronline.co.uk wrote:ERROR: The meter : {redacted} has already been registered!

Matt Beard

Postby Matt Beard » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:21 pm

Matt Beard wrote:
Buzby wrote:

Only one problem:
meteronline.co.uk wrote:ERROR: The meter : {redacted} has already been registered!

Edit: Ah... as the meter has already been registered I just need to go via "view a meter"

Edit2: But... my readings stop from exactly 3 years after the meter was installed. It seems that all the newer data has been discarded :-(

Buzby

Postby Buzby » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:30 pm

That seems reasonable since the Scheme was for 3 years and they're not going to facilitate it unless they're being paid. Of course, if you choose to, the data that is missing might magically reappear?
- Raymond (Glasgow)
EVAS Communications

Matt Beard

Postby Matt Beard » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:51 pm

Buzby wrote:That seems reasonable since the Scheme was for 3 years and they're not going to facilitate it unless they're being paid. Of course, if you choose to, the data that is missing might magically reappear?

Can't find any details on the website for switching the account to me. Might try harder when not so busy!

Buzby

Postby Buzby » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:59 pm

When I tried last year, it accepted my registration and I got to the payment page where I thought I'm not paying again, as ScotGov already had, I just wanted to access the same data - so I didn't proceed. No other issues as `I assumed concurrent access didn't phase it (pun intended).
- Raymond (Glasgow)
EVAS Communications

Return to “Home and Work charging”