Zappi home charger install

Discussion of charging at home and at work.
noahs-dad

Zappi home charger install

Postby noahs-dad » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:48 pm

Scheduled to get a 32A, Zappi charger installed at home at end of next week by Jorro.

Who has had one installed? Is there anything useful that should be noted or aware of ahead of install?

Also what about the Harvi WiFi, is this highly recommended as being fitted at same time as the Zappi unit?

noahs-dad

Re: Zappi home charger install

Postby noahs-dad » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:05 pm

Very good and tidy install today by Jorro on both garage and consumer unit. The Zappi looks very modern, and is linked up to both my Solar PV systems, and the LCD screen on the charger is very useful. Just need to read the manual now and learn how to use it! The only negative thing I can see with the design of the Zappi is there is no holster for the port connecter at the end like you get with a Rolec unit. It seems odd, it does have a flap cover and the best you can do is tuck it in to the cable wrapped round the charger.

Another + for the Zappi is it very compact and fairly flush to the wall, it comes out 3". This compares to the White/Green Rolec unit coming out 6" from the wall (twice as far). Now this is not a big deal for the front of a garage, but it is a consideration if your intending to put in on a side of driveway house wall say, where space may be tighter. Something I am already thinking about.

Also had weather proof outdoor double 3 pin plug sockets installed. Can now home charge the I-Miev with ease (it doesn't work with Rolec/Zappi wall units). And another option for charging Leaf.

And the Jorro electrician even fixed my faulty I-Miev portable 3 pin charger which wasn't working, only took him 2 mins. Great stuff, and very happy with today's work, all modernised and ready for many more years of BEV driving!
Attachments
jorro2.jpg
jorro3.jpg
jorro1.jpg

Return to “Home and Work charging”