Dead , innit?

Discussion of activities carried out by EVAS
Scally

Dead , innit?

Postby Scally » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:18 am

Lets close this forum down: nobody can be bothered with it anymore. Facebook and Twitter are fine.
General Secretary of the Electric Boat Association, founded in 1984, with members worldwide.
http://www.eboat.org.uk/

IanM

Re: Dead , innit?

Postby IanM » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:52 am

Would you mind pointing me towards the EVAS Facebook and Twitter accounts please?

noahs-dad

Postby noahs-dad » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:59 am

Yes it is dead here. Twitter although quite active, is not really a forum discussion environment though is it. I think Scally is referring to another group/club or whatever it is on FB. Unlike EVAS however it is overly PHEV friendly, with personal (rather than group focused agendas), and it sadly does not value freedom of speech - but that's just my view.

I always have credited EVAS with its freedom of speech forum approach, and without being committal there seems to have been more of a balanced attitude/view about PHEV cars.

BEV driving seems to have got to a place where it is very static. Nothing is generally improving charging wise, and we all know loads about the various cars and charging now without the need for engaging with forums. I am personally not using any other forums in the last year or two.

I guess it is goodbye/well done/thankyou EVAS forum.

membership

Postby membership » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:53 pm

The forum is being rebuilt as part of the main website, meaning a Single SIgn On (SSO) will be required. Bear with us, it is time consuming.....
EVA Scotland Membership
membership@eva.scot

mike callender

Postby mike callender » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:38 pm

Could the new forum be linked, so when a post is made it comes up on the EVAS FB page too? Many people are on FB at least onec a day, but aren't going to keep checking the forum when little happens. Also people posting on the forum will know they are getting a bigger audience.

Scally

Postby Scally » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:44 pm

OK: well, here is my revival attempt: my feeling is that maybe a face to face regular social might work better, where social media fails: Stephen Rhoden and I have been chatting online, and this is what we came up with as a suggestion: it may work, it may not, but it is worth a try.
I wonder if EVAS could arrange a guest speaker to come along to our first meeting and tell us about all the good work being done: maybe even get a few sign-ups on the night?

"Scottish EV Drivers have been talking about social events for some time, and our numbers are now increasing to the point where a regular monthly Central Scotland social becomes viable.
An initial evening get-together has therefore been arranged for Scottish EV drivers and their guests from 7pm to 9:30 pm on the 25th Sept at the Electric Bar, Motherwell, then monthly after that on the 4th Wednesday. of each month.
It is a popular bar, we have a private function room available, and food is served until 8pm.
The venue has parking at the rear and good disabled access: there is a good choice of beverages with non- alcoholic beers on tap.
The meet-up is drop-in, casual, relaxed, and not formally connected with any of the existing Scottish EV clubs or societies, but everyone is welcome..
Hopefully we will attract a few guest speakers, swap tips, and hold quiz nights, charity fundraising raffles, and so on as time goes by.
There are several nearby Rapid chargers on the motorways, and destination chargers at Asda Motherwell, just 10 minutes walk away: let us know if you need a lift from there."
General Secretary of the Electric Boat Association, founded in 1984, with members worldwide.

Scally

Postby Scally » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:18 am

I think we need to be more combative: there are some dark forces out there: odd people who huddle in car parks, and rather than attempt to make peace with them: we would have a more lively discourse if we just took them by the neck and strangled them: just for fun, it would bring back some dialogue and controversy, which all forums depend on. I mean, you can be too nice, can you not?

Scally

Postby Scally » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:28 am

Well, that idea went down like a lead balloon, didn't it?

Scally

Postby Scally » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:03 am

Yup.
It's dead.
I tried my best: using all kinds of cheapskate Tabloid tricks to raise the circulation (and the blood pressure), but sadly. all efforts failed.~
RIP
Facebook wins.
Lets close it down.

Stiloboy

Postby Stiloboy » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:28 pm

Its dead not just because of the lack of ability of the association to change with the times but more because members are leaving because the views of the many are outweighed by the views of the few in control. :/
Renault Zoe Q210 Dynamique Intens owner since March 2015.

Return to “Electric Vehicle Association Scotland”