Bike rack for Zoe

Discussion of the technical aspects of electric vehicles
kentie

Bike rack for Zoe

Postby kentie » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:56 pm

Has anyone fitted a bike rack to a Zoe? I am aware that Renault does not advise this but I don't see any reason for not doing it even with a slight reduction in range on the ZE40.

Gordon

Re: Bike rack for Zoe

Postby Gordon » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:48 pm

My Zoe handbook said that bike racks must not be fitted. I have avoided it as I wouldn't want prosecuted for an insecure load. I've been looking at folding electric bikes but they are all incredibly underwhelming. Let me know if you find a solution that works safely.

kentie

Postby kentie » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:59 pm

Yes, I read that too but I wondered if that was just to preserve the range.
I have spotted a white Zoe with a bike rack on the back in the Edinburgh area and wondered if that one was secure enough. I had hoped that the owner might be a member and respond to this. I am not keen to go to Halfords since they don't advertise any Bike racks for a Clio; around the same size.

kentie

Postby kentie » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:26 pm

It seems until Renault have taken the time to carry out a road test on any form of bike rack, it is not recommended to try one. You are quite right to obey the handbook. We are looking at ways of carrying the bikes inside the car. It may just be possible removing the front wheels and carrying them separately.

Return to “Electric Vehicles - Technical”